Computer Science is a rapidly growing field and is expected to see large increases in employment opportunities. The department of computer science in our college provides in-depth technical knowledge and opportunities for innovation with up-to-date computer facilities. Department of Computer Science offers courses that emphasize the fundamental concepts of computer systems networks, security, database systems, computer graphics, programming languages, software engineering and theory of computing. We prepare our students to adapt to the developments in this dynamic field. The study of computer science stimulates student’s skills in problem solving, critical thinking and clear concise communication. Developing these skills creates students well prepared for post graduation or employment in industry. On pursuing computer science degree many career paths are open like application software developer, system engineer, web developers etc.
Our Department Vision is to evolve as a center of excellence in the field of computer science for providing technically competent professionals with ethical values to serve the needs of industry and society
Our department mission is to provide high quality graduate education in both the theoretical and applied foundations of computer science and train students to effectively apply this education to solve real-world problems thus amplifying their potential for lifelong high quality careers and give them a competitive advantage in the ever-changing and challenging global work environment of the 21st century.
• To prepare students for adequate graduate training in some specialized area of computer science
• To prepare students for productive careers and lifelong learning as software professionals and for advanced studies in computer science.
• To provide foundations support for both a successful career path in computing as well as provide appropriate qualifications for further degree
• To emphasize the development of analytical skills, acquisition of knowledge and understanding of systems, languages and tools required for effective computation-based problem solving.
• To develop and work with a range of technologies to build systems and applications that help solve today’s problems, and share skills and knowledge with the community.
• To prepare students for jobs in IT companies, industry, business or government
|S. No||Staff Name||Designation|
|1||S.Reena Parvin M Sc., M.Phil.,||Head I/C, Assistant Professor|
An open auditorium with a capacity of 700 persons is located in the main building of the college. Various events such as symposium, workshop, national and international conferences and graduation day etc, can be held. The auditorium has a large podium with well equipped audio system. It is also well illuminated and ventilated.
The ladies hostel for girls is now located in Kilakarai with all facilities. Transport arrangement is provided for pick up and drop from the hostel to college. It provides safety and good facilities for the outstation students. The hostel has facilities with STD, ISD, Gymnasium, a reading room and a computer room. The responsible educated custodian takes good care of the students.
Route 1: Rameswaram
Route 3: Paramakudi
Route 4: R S Mangalam
Route 5: S P Pattinam