The Department of B.Com (CA) develops students with professional knowledge in the field of commerce and computer applications. Students opting for the programme B.Com (Computer Applications) learn not only the subjects of Commerce, but also learn to use the software technology for their professional requirements and developments. The usage of computers in business is on the increase every day. Computers play a vital role in managing various accounts related to business.
B.Com with Computer Applications is a three year programme which focuses on the application of computers in every business transaction. It has got a great scope in the field of commerce as well as software development. Bridging commerce and computer applications together helps the students to become smart and employable. Specialization in computer application in the area of commerce is an extra mileage for placements. It is an innovative program with modern curriculum which will contribute to the growth of commerce and the industrial development vital for nation building
• To synthesize the stakeholders energy for an international recognition in the field of commerce with computer applications
• To enable the students to play vital role in the field of commerce with digitalization.
• To provide a platform to enhance technical, accounting and business skills for developing computer based solutions for business problems.
• To impact and train the students both theoretically and practically to get acquainted with Corporate and business organizations.
• To create excellent citizens through holistic and value based education
• To offer quality education in the field of Commerce and Computer Applications.
• To enable the students to play a pivotal role in the field of E-Commerce by updating their knowledge with the new techniques.
• To expand the services of the department for the upliftment of the student community.
• To make the students adaptable to the changing global needs and ensure employability.
• To provide value based education integrated with social responsibility and student’s environment to national development.
|S. No||Staff Name||Designation|
|1||Ms R.Sivanthimala M Com (CA)., M Phil.,||Head I/C, Assistant Professor|
|2||Ms K. Durgalakshmi M Com., M Phil., Ph D (Pursuing)||Assistant Professor|
An open auditorium with a capacity of 700 persons is located in the main building of the college. Various events such as symposium, workshop, national and international conferences and graduation day etc, can be held. The auditorium has a large podium with well equipped audio system. It is also well illuminated and ventilated.
The ladies hostel for girls is now located in Kilakarai with all facilities. Transport arrangement is provided for pick up and drop from the hostel to college. It provides safety and good facilities for the outstation students. The hostel has facilities with STD, ISD, Gymnasium, a reading room and a computer room. The responsible educated custodian takes good care of the students.
Route 1: Ramanathapuram
Route 2: Sathirakudi
Route 3: Periyapattinam
Route 4: Rameshwarm
Route 5: Thondi